Re: About Testsuite default value (was: Re: Membership ping 2016: results)

On Sat, 20 Aug 2016 17:30:57 +0200, Salvatore Bonaccorso wrote:

> > Currently, cme sets Testsuite to "autopkgtest-pkg-perl" when the maintainer is
> > pkg-perl group. Should that default value be removed ?
> Hmm. That's a good question. I think if the Testsuite header was not
> yet added this means that autopkgtests have not yet been tested for
> that package (or for some reasons cannot yet). Thus (my personal
> opinion, though) I think, cme should not add by default new fields in
> the above case.

I think it depends on the context / how cme is called:
- when I run `cme fix dpkg-control' then I do want all fixes,
  including the added field
  (I think that was the idea behind adding this behaviour)
- when I run `cme modify dpkg-control source Uploaders:-~...' I only
  want to change this field

Not sure if it's possible to separate these cases ...

 .''`.  Homepage https://info.comodo.priv.at/ - OpenPGP key 0xBB3A68018649AA06
 : :' : Debian GNU/Linux user, admin, and developer -  https://www.debian.org/
   `-   NP: Funny van Dannen: Als Willy Brandt Bundeskanzler war