Re: Membership ping 2016: results

On Tue, 16 Aug 2016 18:01:56 +0200, gregor herrmann wrote:

> > > Is there an easy way to get a list of affected packages and
> > > uploaders that need to be removed? Checking them manually
> > > seems like a lot of boring work.
> I have the list, and plan to run a for-loop over all packages/local
> git repos (based on examples/mass-commit in pkg-perl-tools).

Done now, with:

> >  use Config::Model qw(cme);
> >  foreach my $package (@pkgs) {
> >  chdir ($package);
> >  cme('dpkg-control')->modify("source Uploaders:-~/foo|bar|baz/");
> >  }

grep -q "$NAME" debian/control || continue
perl -MConfig::Model=cme -e "cme('dpkg-control')->modify('source Uploaders:-~/${NAME}/i');"

from within the mass-commit script, looping over packages and names.

Probably this did not work 100%, as people don't necessarily use the
same name in d/control as Alioth tells us about their name etc.
I tried to add some variations to the list of names, and I guess for
this first big run it's quite ok.

Some side effects:
- cme reformatted d/control; nice
- we have quite some packages without Uploaders; hrm ...

And again: I'm happy to correct any mistakes I made.

Cheers,
gregor, waiting for `mr push ....' to finish

--
 .''`.  Homepage https://info.comodo.priv.at/ - OpenPGP key 0xBB3A68018649AA06
 : :' : Debian GNU/Linux user, admin, and developer -  https://www.debian.org/