Re: Membership ping 2016: results

On Wed, 17 Aug 2016 11:29:56 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:

> > The case with the bounces is a bit difficult. We sent the mails to
> > $login@users.alioth.debian.org; so what we have now is a mix of
> > - bounces of retired DDs where the old account still exists on Alioth
> >   but the forward to $login@debian.org doesn't work any more (Alioth
> >   bug maybe, but no MIA material);
> > - some cases of recipient callout verification errors where it's not
> >   clear to me where the problem is as there are at least three mail
> >   servers involved (my smarthost, alioth, the receiving one);
> > - and the rest which can be a simple misconfiguration of a person's
> >   alioth forward, or something else ...
>
> For non-guest accounts it would probably be best to just mail
> $login@debian.org instead of $login@users.alioth.debian.org.

Right, that should be easy to implement.

> FFR, you can bypass the alioth forwarder completely by running these
> commands on alioth:
>
> Get pkg-perl members:
>
> ldapsearch -u -x -o ldif-wrap=no -H ldap://alioth.debian.org -b
> cn=pkg-perl,ou=Projects,dc=alioth,dc=debian,dc=org memberUid
>
> Get a user's forwarding address:
>
> ldapsearch -u -x -o ldif-wrap=no -H ldap://alioth.debian.org -b
> uid=pabs,ou=Users,dc=alioth,dc=debian,dc=org debGforgeForwardEmail

Thanks, that's indeed interesting.
Let's see if zeha can somehow use this in the ruby script we're also
using for the perl team :)

 .''`.  Homepage https://info.comodo.priv.at/ - OpenPGP key 0xBB3A68018649AA06
 : :' : Debian GNU/Linux user, admin, and developer -  https://www.debian.org/
   `-   NP: David Bowie: Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps)