Re: [DC16] Language Packaging Teams Skills Exchange

On Fri, 08 Jul 2016 13:51:45 +0200, Christian Hofstaedtler wrote:

> * Cédric Boutillier <boutil@debian.org> [160708 13:33]:
> > Will there be minutes or a summary made public for
> > this event?
> Unfortunately there was no note keeping (I think). The following is
> what I can remember:

Thanks!

> For the most part, there was a short demo of the scripts the perl
> and ruby groups use;
> for building, pkg-ruby has Antonio's build-and-upload, pkg-perl has
> a script which I only remember as "b". (gregoa, can you explain?)

That's more my personal laziness than group tools but the scripts are
in git and as examples in the pkg-perl-tools package:
b → buildpackage-pdebuild → check-build
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-perl/packages/pkg-perl-tools.git/tree/examples
(nothing {pkg-,}perl specific there)

> A short discussion about "information tools" happened, where we
> discussed usage of PET, Tracker, DDPO, vcswatch. Raphaël Hertzog
> noted he wants PET data to be in Tracker; Gregor Herrmann noted that
> the important part of PET is it's "real time" data updates (VCS
> pushes cause an update of PET), and the current vcswatch integration
> on DDPO lags by at least a day, making it not that nice to use.

And from what I've seen, Lucas Kanashiro and Raphaël Hertzog briefly
chatted about PET and tracker afterwards.

 .''`.  Homepage https://info.comodo.priv.at/ - OpenPGP key 0xBB3A68018649AA06
 : :' : Debian GNU/Linux user, admin, and developer -  https://www.debian.org/
   `-