Re: [DC16] Language Packaging Teams Skills Exchange

On 07/08/2016 09:19 AM, gregor herrmann wrote:
On Fri, 08 Jul 2016 13:51:45 +0200, Christian Hofstaedtler wrote:

* Cédric Boutillier <boutil@debian.org> [160708 13:33]:
Will there be minutes or a summary made public for
this event?
Unfortunately there was no note keeping (I think). The following is
what I can remember:
Thanks!

For the most part, there was a short demo of the scripts the perl
and ruby groups use;
for building, pkg-ruby has Antonio's build-and-upload, pkg-perl has
a script which I only remember as "b". (gregoa, can you explain?)
That's more my personal laziness than group tools but the scripts are
in git and as examples in the pkg-perl-tools package:
b → buildpackage-pdebuild → check-build
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-perl/packages/pkg-perl-tools.git/tree/examples
(nothing {pkg-,}perl specific there)

A short discussion about "information tools" happened, where we
discussed usage of PET, Tracker, DDPO, vcswatch. Raphaël Hertzog
noted he wants PET data to be in Tracker; Gregor Herrmann noted that
the important part of PET is it's "real time" data updates (VCS
pushes cause an update of PET), and the current vcswatch integration
on DDPO lags by at least a day, making it not that nice to use.
And from what I've seen, Lucas Kanashiro and Raphaël Hertzog briefly
chatted about PET and tracker afterwards.

Yes, I talked with him and we will try to find some possible problems that we will have to "merge" these tools (PET and tracker), verifying the viability.

--
Lucas Kanashiro
8ED6 C3F8 BAC9 DB7F C130  A870 F823 A272 9883 C97C