Re: [rt.cpan.org #118823] libdbd-mysql-perl: FTBFS on some architectures

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 1:45 AM, gregor herrmann <gregoa@debian.org> wrote:
> I'm afraid I also only know about qemu for emulating mips systems on
> x86. But we have access to porter boxes of all architectures, so I
> could try a build with a patch.
>
> But as https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=libdbd-mysql-perl
> shows this is not only about mips but about various architectures,
> and the quick summary on IRC was "looks like a big-endian issue".
> Maybe this makes it easier?

Yeah, I know it's an endianness issue. But I also know emulating s390
is not a thing, and there is someone building a Power-based
raspberry-pi-like board but that has not launched and they ask lots of
money for it. So far it seems emulating MIPS on my Intel-based laptop
is the easiest way. I hope some of your packaging colleagues have some
tips!
--
Michiel