Re: [rt.cpan.org #118823] libdbd-mysql-perl: FTBFS on some architectures

On Thu, 17 Nov 2016 15:59:15 -0500, Michiel Beijen via RT wrote:

> On Thu 17 Nov 2016 15:22:34, GREGOA wrote:
> > We have the following bug reported to the Debian package of DBD-mysql
> > (https://bugs.debian.org/844538):

> Is there any *easy* way for me to spin up a MIPS instance on an x86
> system? I tried once before and it was not a pleasant experience,
> mucking around with QEMU. I guess as Debian package maintainers,
> you'd have some way to easily emulate these environments, right? It
> would make things much easier for us to test any patches and not
> cause breakage the next time around.

I'm afraid I also only know about qemu for emulating mips systems on
x86. But we have access to porter boxes of all architectures, so I
could try a build with a patch.

But as https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=libdbd-mysql-perl
shows this is not only about mips but about various architectures,
and the quick summary on IRC was "looks like a big-endian issue".
Maybe this makes it easier?

There was also an offer of a Debian Perl member to try and check on a
powerpc machine of his (where it also fails); cc'ing our list for
further cooperation.

Thanks for attending to this issue so quickly!

 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at/ - Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
   `-   NP: Joan Baez: A hard rain's a-gonna fall