Re: Membership ping 2016: results

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 12:10 AM, gregor herrmann wrote:

> The case with the bounces is a bit difficult. We sent the mails to
> $login@users.alioth.debian.org; so what we have now is a mix of
> - bounces of retired DDs where the old account still exists on Alioth
>   but the forward to $login@debian.org doesn't work any more (Alioth
>   bug maybe, but no MIA material);
> - some cases of recipient callout verification errors where it's not
>   clear to me where the problem is as there are at least three mail
>   servers involved (my smarthost, alioth, the receiving one);
> - and the rest which can be a simple misconfiguration of a person's
>   alioth forward, or something else ...

For non-guest accounts it would probably be best to just mail
$login@debian.org instead of $login@users.alioth.debian.org.

FFR, you can bypass the alioth forwarder completely by running these
commands on alioth:

Get pkg-perl members:

ldapsearch -u -x -o ldif-wrap=no -H ldap://alioth.debian.org -b
cn=pkg-perl,ou=Projects,dc=alioth,dc=debian,dc=org memberUid

Get a user's forwarding address:

ldapsearch -u -x -o ldif-wrap=no -H ldap://alioth.debian.org -b
uid=pabs,ou=Users,dc=alioth,dc=debian,dc=org debGforgeForwardEmail

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise