Re: Membership ping 2016: results

Uhm,

For me, I didn't respond because I have moved on to other things and the original announcement said no-response would be considered leave by inaction.

I didn't see the point in cluttering someones mailbox when an intentional non-response was acceptable.  I am sure I am not the only one.  So I think it would be a mistake to assume people that didn't respond are MIA.

Thanks

--
Kind Regards,
Dave Walker

On 16 August 2016 at 11:37, David Bremner <david@tethera.net> wrote:
Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> writes:

> On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 6:44 AM, Alex Muntada wrote:
>> gregor herrmann:
>>> - During the BoF at DebConf there was also the idea of giving the
>>>   list of removed accounts to the MIA team. I'm a bit unsure here, as
>>>   not working on pkg-perl currently doesn't mean that someone is
>>>   inactive in Debian in general but I'm open to proposals on how to
>>>   proceed here.
>
> I think it is appropriate to report all of the folks who bounced or
> didn't respond to the MIA team, but not anyone who replied.

At least for me the intent is to give the MIA team information which
they can use in combination with other things to decide if somebody is
really MIA.  So we don't need to feel there is some final irrevokable
step being taken. I think this is important because not responding seems
like a plausible response for someone who was able to read their mail,
but wanting to be be removed from the team with the least amount of
effort.

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker