Re: DD write access to pkg-perl repositories

On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 22:06:00 -0800, Afif Elghraoui wrote:

> >> But it may fail to get respected correctly sometimes.  Something
> >> with extended attributes, I believe.
> > Right, theory and practice :/
> Yes, I don't think the file system got the message. pkg-perl is not
> showing special permissions for the Debian group. For comparison,
> debian-med is showing what I would have expected.
>
> afif@moszumanska:/git$ getfacl pkg-perl
> # file: pkg-perl
> # owner: root
> # group: scm_pkg-perl
> # flags: -s-
> user::rwx
> group::rwx
> group:pkg-perl:rwx
> group:scm_pkg-perl:rwx
> mask::rwx
> other::r-x
> default:user::rwx
> default:group::rwx
> default:group:pkg-perl:rwx
> default:group:scm_pkg-perl:rwx
> default:mask::rwx
> default:other::r-x

Oh.
This also reminds me of
https://lists.debian.org/debian-perl/2009/08/msg00109.html

So it looks like we have two problems here; one with group syncing
(confirmed by formorer on IRC) and the ACLs here ...

> > Afif, I'm sorry for the hassle, and I'm very happy that you're
> > trying to push the backports to the relevant repos; much
> > appreciated. I hope you don't mind that you're now a member of
> > pkg-perl, technically :)
> Thanks for taking care of this. :) I guess it's no problem for me if
> it isn't for you. I didn't intend to subscribe to the mailing list or
> otherwise patrol the Perl packages.

Ack, that's why I added "technically" :)

 .''`.  Homepage https://info.comodo.priv.at/ - OpenPGP key 0xBB3A68018649AA06
 : :' : Debian GNU/Linux user, admin, and developer -  https://www.debian.org/
   `-   NP: Aimee Mann: Deathly