Re: DD write access to pkg-perl repositories (was: Backports of Perl modules for Jessie)

On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 00:51:02 +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> Quoting Alex Muntada (2016-03-11 23:35:06)
> > Afif Elghraoui:
> > > [...] The Perl team wiki says that DDs should already have
> > > commit access [1], but this is not the case. I don't see a need
> > > for me to officially join the team, but I would like to push my
> > > changes.
> > AFAIK the access to git repositories is managed through pkg-perl
> > team in alioth. The only way I know to get write access is to join
> > the team in alioth and add a SSH pubkey to your account.
> Alioth supports granting write access for Debian developers.

Right, and in the pkg-perl config, commit access for DDs is enabled
(I just checked).

> But it
> may fail to get respected correctly sometimes.  Something with extended
> attributes, I believe.

Right, theory and practice :/

So I tried to add Afif to pkg-perl to workaround this issue; the
interesting thing is the Alioth seems to know only afif-guest but not
afif's DD account in the web interface. This looks like alioth failed
to sync (again, this is a know problem) the DD accounts to
moszumanska. -- `getent passwd afif' works ?!

Anyway, I managed to blindly add the "afif" account to pkg-perl, so
this should work now.

Afif, I'm sorry for the hassle, and I'm very happy that you're trying
to push the backports to the relevant repos; much appreciated. I hope
you don't mind that you're now a member of pkg-perl, technically :)

 .''`.  Homepage https://info.comodo.priv.at/ - OpenPGP key 0xBB3A68018649AA06
 : :' : Debian GNU/Linux user, admin, and developer -  https://www.debian.org/
   `-   NP: Mark Knopfler: Father And Son