Re: Weird behaviour from uscan

Paul Wise schreef op do 16-04-2015 om 12:50 [+0800]:
> > Which error? The missing files surely shouldn't cause a corrupt archive.
>
> These errors:
>
> > tar: Skipping to next header
> > tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

Well, these seem more like symptoms of something causing corrupt
archives rather than the source of the issue, though I'm not totally
sure.

> Looks like tar crashed half-way through creating the orig.tar.gz. Try
> removing all the tarballs and re-running uscan.

I've done that a few times with the same results.

Here's a complete reproducible set of steps showing it:

~/src/pkg-perl/packages$ rm -rf libmojolicious-perl libmojolicious-perl_6.08+dfsg.orig.tar.gz Mojolicious-6.08.tar.gz

~/src/pkg-perl/packages$ dpt checkout libmojolicious-perl
libmojolicious-perl ready in ./libmojolicious-perl

~/src/pkg-perl/packages$ cd libmojolicious-perl/

~/src/pkg-perl/packages/libmojolicious-perl$ vim debian/copyright
[ remove the referenced files that have been removed in the newer archive, leaving only what I had in my previous email ]

~/src/pkg-perl/packages/libmojolicious-perl$ LANG=C uscan --verbose
-- Scanning for watchfiles in .
-- Found watchfile in ./debian
-- In debian/watch, processing watchfile line:
   opts=dversionmangle=s/\+dfsg\d*//,repacksuffix=+dfsg https://metacpan.org/release/Mojolicious   .*/Mojolicious-v?(\d[\d.-]+)\.(?:tar(?:\.gz|\.bz2)?|tgz|zip)$
-- Found the following matching hrefs:
     https://cpan.metacpan.org/authors/id/S/SR/SRI/Mojolicious-6.08.tar.gz (6.08)
Newest version on remote site is 6.08, local version is 5.54+dfsg
 (mangled local version number 5.54)
 => Newer version available from
    https://cpan.metacpan.org/authors/id/S/SR/SRI/Mojolicious-6.08.tar.gz
-- Downloading updated package Mojolicious-6.08.tar.gz
-- Checking for common possible upstream OpenPGP signatures
tar: Skipping to next header
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
mk-origtargz: error: tar --list --auto-compress --file ../libmojolicious-perl_6.08+dfsg.orig.tar.gz gave error exit status 2
uscan: error: mk-origtargz --package libmojolicious-perl --version 6.08 --repack-suffix +dfsg --compression gzip --directory .. --copyright-file debian/copyright ../Mojolicious-6.08.tar.gz gave error exit status 2

> I expect you want to just remove all of the jquery/prettify
> directories, embedded code copies aren't a good idea.

Yeah, definitely. Though I'll cross that bridge when I get to it :)

At the moment I'm basing it on the currently released version of the
package, but just accounting for things that have been removed from the
upstream archive.

Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.
✆ +64 4 803 2204
GPG: 5FA7 4B49 1E4D CAA4 4C38  8505 77F5 B724 F871 3BDF