Re: Weird behaviour from uscan

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 2:31 PM, Robin Sheat wrote:

> No files matched excluded pattern: lib/Mojolicious/public/mojo/prettify/prettify.js
> ...blah blah blah...
> No files matched excluded pattern: lib/Mojolicious/public/mojo/prettify/lang-yaml.js

These two mean that upstream removed, moved or renamed these files.
You'll need to update the paths in Files-Excluded in debian/copyright.

> Should I expect them to be the same size?

It sounds like uscan has been told to remove some files (via
Files-Excluded in debian/copyright), so the orig.tar.gz should be
smaller.

> The larger one passes a tar -t, but the smaller one doesn't.

That would be because of the error you posted above.

> In previous situations, the .orig is actually a symlink to the real archive.

That would be because uscan hadn't been told to remove some files via
Files-Excluded in debian/copyright).

> Any thoughts on diagnosing this?

Find out what file format the two files are.

If they are both compressed tar files, compare them with:

debbindiff --text - Mojolicious-6.08.tar.gz
libmojolicious-perl_6.08+dfsg.orig.tar.gz

Fix the debian/copyright file.

--
bye,
pabs