Re: Weird behaviour from uscan

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 12:18 PM, Robin Sheat wrote:

> Which error? The missing files surely shouldn't cause a corrupt archive.

These errors:

> tar: Skipping to next header
> tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
> mk-origtargz: error: tar --list --auto-compress --file ../libmojolicious-perl_6.08+dfsg.orig.tar.gz gave error exit status 2
> uscan: error: mk-origtargz --package libmojolicious-perl --version 6.08 --repack-suffix +dfsg --compression gzip --directory .. --copyright-file debian/copyright ../Mojolicious-6.08.tar.gz gave error exit status 2

> $ debbindiff --text - Mojolicious-6.08.tar.gz libmojolicious-perl_6.08+dfsg.orig.tar.gz
> The two around the prettify are the ones that are still being removed by
> debian/copyright, and the ones at the bottom are (I think) falling out
> due to corruption of the archive.

Looks like tar crashed half-way through creating the orig.tar.gz. Try
removing all the tarballs and re-running uscan.

> I now have:
>
> Files-Excluded:
>  lib/Mojolicious/public/mojo/jquery/jquery.js
>  lib/Mojolicious/public/mojo/prettify/run_prettify.js

I expect you want to just remove all of the jquery/prettify
directories, embedded code copies aren't a good idea.

https://wiki.debian.org/EmbeddedCodeCopies

--
bye,
pabs