Re: Metacpan trailing slash

On Mon, 24 Feb 2014 19:34:58 +0000, Daniel Lintott wrote:

> Just a quick question... I have seen several commits where the
> trailing slash has been dropped from the metacpan url's.

Excellent question - I've been wondering this myself :)

Not sure who started this new "trend"; I guess the reason is that the
URLS with the slash get redirected to the slash-less ones?

> Is this the format to use from now on, as looking at the pkg-perl
> policy it is stated including the trailing slash?

If we're changing the format we should try and find all occurences in
both documentation and tools where the metacpan URLs are
used/created/changed.

Some quick findings:
packages/pkg-perl-tools/scripts/alioth-repo
packages/pkg-perl-tools/scripts/packagecheck
website/howto/adopt.pod
website/howto/repacking.pod
website/policy.pod

and apparently quite some packages (hey, a chance for a nice mass
commit :)):
% egrep "metacpan\S+/\s" packages/*/debian/{control,copyright,watch} | wc -l
2325

Thanks for bringing this up on the list!

   `-   NP: Malo Albertini: n/a