Re: Packages with 5+ years of pending changes

Hi Mario,

On 24/02/14 16:45, Mario Lang wrote:
> Hi.
>
> A quick look at duck.debian.net revealed that a lot of the URL
> check failures (roughly 700) are due to packages From pkg-perl.
> While looking at a few samples, I found some packages which had
> already fixed Vcs-* fields in the git repo but were never uploaded,
> still UNRELEASED.  Some of the dates I saw were very old though, so
> I thought I'd generate a list of pkg-perl repos which are
> UNRELEASED (possibly carrying pending fixes) with a rather old
> change date.  It turns out that there are 107 packages that have a
> change date of 5+ years ago and are still UNRELEASED.
>
> I am not familiar enough with practices in pkg-perl currently to
> really be of help right now, except for generating this list.  It
> is probably a good starting point for anyone interested in QA.  If
> you have some documentation about how you usually want things done
> in pkg-perl, please point me at it, I am interested to tackle some
> of these myself once I know enough about how pkg-perl works.
>
> Here is the list, sorted by date.  The actual list of packages
> with UNRELEASED changes is much longer, I trimmed this one to avoid
> flooding you.  If you are interested in the full list, get it from
> git.debian.org:~mlang/pp/output.sorted

{SNIP LONG LIST}

as that may be a better place to handle any ongoing discussion.

- From what I know most of the details about how the team functions etc
are in [1].

I'm particularly interested in the URL check failures you mentioned as
I began looking at the list of watch problems on pkg-perl PET [2]...
but seems there are a number of anomalies there!

I shall try and have look at some of the errors from DUCK to see if I
can fix any of them!

Cheers,

Daniel

[1] http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/policy.html