Re: Metacpan trailing slash

-=| Axel Beckert, 24.02.2014 21:37:32 +0100 |=-
> Daniel Lintott wrote:
> > Just a quick question... I have seen several commits where the
> > trailing slash has been dropped from the metacpan url's.
>
> That was probably me.

Or me :)

> > Is this the format to use from now on, as looking at the pkg-perl
> > policy it is stated including the trailing slash?
>
> I didn't know it was explicitly with slash in the policy. I just
> noticed that MetaCPAN always redirects to the URL without slash so I
> consider that to be the correct one and fixed it when I noticed it.
>
> If it's in the policy with slash, I think we should fix that at least
> in the policy.

Thanks for the nudge, I've just committed the fix
(http://deb.li/Y1gI).

dh-make-perl dropped the slash already.

> I don't think it's worth a mass-commit, though, unless maybe it's
> done together with some more important stuff which validates
> mass-commits.

A mass commit would be nice IMO. I guess I'd do it already if I had
more time for pkg-perl work. Perhaps a task for the next low-hanging
fruits session[1]?

 [1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-perl/2014/02/msg00012.html