Re: libinline-java-perl: a Jessie-targeted branch

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 07:02:32PM +0100, gregor herrmann wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Nov 2014 17:35:47 +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>
> > > I guess Jonas won't like commit 6c488a2 ("Depend on debhelper >> 8 to
> > > appease Lintian."), if I remember his preferences correctly.
> >
> > Don't worry - apply those changes if you believe they are relevant.
> >
> > I might look at it later and decide to revert if I believe (as I
> > commonly do) that lintian is mistaken and there is no actual benefit
> > from tightening compatibility level and/or package versioning - only the
> > potential added hassle for backporters.
> >
> > ...but as said, don't worry: Don't let the risk of potential future
> > differing views of fellow developers stop you :-D
>
> Excellent :)
>
> > > But since this is one of Jonas' package, I'd rather leave the decision
> > > and upload to him (although I'm happy to help of course).
> > Please do not frame the package as "mine": It is team-maintained!
>
> Right, thanks for pointing this out, and sorry for this
> not-really-successful wording attempt.
>
> > I guess what you really mean is that you feel uncomfortable with stuff
> > speficic to CDBS - just as I am uncomfortable with stuff specific to
> > short-form dh.  I am happy to help finalize and release CDBS-based
> > packages, and am grateful that you do same for short-form dh packages in
> > this team.
>
> Same here :)
>

> So, Peter, if you can forward the patch and finalize d/changelog, the
> package will see the light of unstable soon!

OK, done - and thanks to both of you for the attention given to
a package that is not really relevant to the Jessie freeze!

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev  roam@ringlet.net roam@FreeBSD.org p.penchev@storpool.com
Key fingerprint 2EE7 A7A5 17FC 124C F115  C354 651E EFB0 2527 DF13