Re: Removing RC buggy leaf packages with low popularity?
- To: Debian Perl List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Removing RC buggy leaf packages with low popularity?
- From: Dominic Hargreaves <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 10:16:49 +0000
- Message-id: <20140309101649.GL22121@urchin.earth.li>
- In-reply-to: <20140202114804.GN26815@urchin.earth.li>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20140127214231.GZ26815@urchin.earth.li> <email@example.com> <20140129183521.GI26815@urchin.earth.li> <20140202114804.GN26815@urchin.earth.li>
On Sun, Feb 02, 2014 at 11:48:04AM +0000, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 06:35:21PM +0000, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
> > > > As such, the following might be easy candidates for removal:
> > > > [...]
> > > > I might be tempted to ping the upstream bug reports for all those
> > > > to see if anyone pops up with fixes (message along the lines of:
> > > > bugs unfixed, will removed from Debian in one week unless there is
> > > > evidence of fixes..)
> > >
> > > I think this is a great idea, and I'd be delighted if you did this :)
> > > Perhaps 2 or 3 weeks would be a bit nicer delay, though.
> > As a next step I've put a table on the wiki based on the info from
> > this thread.
> > https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup/OpenTasks#Release-critical_bugs
> Here's my draft text to send to module maintainers:
> Dear Maintainer,
> The Debian perl group is reviewing packages with bugs which make them un-releasable; in particular when they are not heavily used by Debian users. We would like to remove such modules from Debian if we don't think they are likely to be fixed.
> Module::Packaged is one such module, owing to this bug, and we would like to know whether you have any plans to look at the bug in the foreseeable future before we remove the package from Debian.
> If we don't hear anything we will remove the package from Debian on or around 23rd February. This of course does not affect the standing of your module on CPAN.
> Thank you for maintaining this module so far!
> Please let me have any comments in the next day or so before I send this
> out to the 9 or so bugs in question.
I've now sent (earlier in the week) more or less this out to the packages
in question and updated the wiki page accordingly.