Installing Service With Module

Hi

My first question to the list so apologies if I make any mistakes, I'm here to learn :).

I have a perl module which I want to package, App::DDFlare, which provides an application as the name suggests. Thus it has been suggested to name the package ddflare as opposed to libapp-ddflare-perl, which I think is a great idea (thanks gregoa).

Really this application should be installed as a service though but I'm wondering if it is considered bad form to have a module perform this kind of installation?

Thanks

Peter