Introduction Dirk

Hi!

I met Axel and Salvatore on the Swiss Perl Workshop [1] last Friday. Axel had a speech about maintaining Perl modules as Debian packages [2] and he said that the Debian-Perl team is constantly looking for new contributors. So, since I was searching for a way to contribute to Debian: Here I am ;-)

Short introduction:

Born 1968, married, two dogs, one horse :-)

I am using Linux for quite a while now. Started in 199x with SUSE, switched to Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Sabayon, SolusOS and back to Debian again. Currently I am member of the core team of a little commandline software called Taskwarrior [3], doing a German language podcast named DeimHart [4], co-wrote a book about Linux-Server administration [5] and sometimes writing articles for freiesMagazin [6].

In my professional life I am doing Linux System Administration and Linux System Engineering for a company called T-Systems in Switzerland. You can find some details on my work profile on Stack Exchange [7] or my homepage [8].

Lastly not leastly I use Perl for administrative tasks and I am a typical scripter (and unfortunately not a good programmer). Because of using Red Hat Linux at work I never built packages for Debian, but I am willing to learn.

That's it for now.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Cheers

Dirk

[1] http://act.perl-workshop.ch/spw2013/
[2] http://act.perl-workshop.ch/spw2013/talk/4517