Re: Introduction Dirk

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 07:17:22 +0000, Dirk Deimeke wrote:

> I met Axel and Salvatore on the Swiss Perl Workshop [1] last Friday.

Nice :)

> Axel had a speech about maintaining Perl modules as Debian packages
> [2] and he said that the Debian-Perl team is constantly looking for
> new contributors. So, since I was searching for a way to contribute
> to Debian: Here I am ;-)

Great. And: Welcome to the club!

> Short introduction:
[..]
> Because
> of using Red Hat Linux at work I never built packages for Debian,
> but I am willing to learn.

That's a good start :)

I guess Axel mentioned this URL already but just in case:
http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup/Welcome
is a good starting point into our documentation.

And don't hesitate to pester Axel and Salvatore^W^W^Wus with any kind
of questions, here on the list or on IRC (#debian-perl @
irc.debian.org).

   `-   NP: Supertramp: Lady