Re: Recommendation for mixed environment?

Gabor Szabo <gabor@szabgab.com> writes:

> Unfortunately there are always modules that are not yet available
> in the version of Debian I run, or that the modules are not new enough
> in Debian.

> That's when you need some mixed solution. Some perl modules from
> Debian and some from CPAN.

> What would be your recommendation for such situation?

We just package the ones that are missing and upload the Debian packages
to our local Debian repository (and, where it makes sense, contribute them
back to Debian as well).  Packaging Perl modules is generally trivial with
the assistance of dh-make-perl, particularly if the package only has to be
good enough for internal use.