Re: Missing tags on Alioth

On Wed, 21 Aug 2013 17:53:18 -0400, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:

> > Looking at PET [0], I noticed that some packages don't have all tags
> > (and sometimes more) not pushed:
> > libcrypt-gcrypt-perl
> just getting to this now, sorry.

No worries, and thanks for pushing your changes.

> the tags for libcrypt-gcrypt-perl are there, but the repo was a little
> bit disorganized due to some large-ish changes in how i'm tracking
> upstream with the debian packaging branch.  I think this is sorted now,
> though i had to jump branch labels over (in a non-fastforward push) to
> make sure the new setup reflects my current work on the package.

Hm, gbp-pull failed so I just re-cloned the repo from scratch.

> please let me know if anyone has any problems with it.

The tags look a bit unconventional:

% git tag
1.26
Crypt_GCrypt_1.25
Crypt_GCrypt_1.26
Crypt_GCrypt_debian/1.25-1
Crypt_GCrypt_debian/1.26-1
debian/1.22-1
debian/1.23-1
debian/1.24-1
upstream/1.21
upstream/1.22
upstream/1.23
upstream/1.24

and the line in PET for libcrypt-gcrypt-perl also looks fancy :)
(But this might be a PET issue ...)

And the branches are also a bit untypical:

% git br -a
  debian
* master
  pristine-tar
  remotes/origin/HEAD -> origin/master
  remotes/origin/debian
  remotes/origin/master
  remotes/origin/pristine-tar

(No upstream, but a debian branch.)

I guess in practice this means that support by our tools and by
humans is a bit more difficult than with a more "standard" setup.
Anyway, it's good to have the current status in our common repo :)

   `-   NP: George Harrison: Beware Of Darkness