Re: Math::Prime::Util and Math::Prime::Util::GMP

On Thu 2012-12-20 23:32:51 -0500, gregor herrmann wrote:

> Not at all -- keep 'em coming, those perl modules :)

:) As i look into packaging Math::MPFR, i notice that the upstream
author ("Sisyphus") has a bunch of tests that interoperate with
Math::GMPz, Math::GMPq, and Math::GMPf, which aren't in debian (and are
also written by Sisyphus).  AFAICT, Math::GMP (which is in debian)
covers that territory in more perlish ways.  And Math::BigInt::GMP does
the same thing for bigint notation.

Is there any reason we should consider Math::GMP[zqf] for debian as
well?  I'm inclined to leave it alone for now since i have no immediate
need for them, and i like the Math::GMP and Math::BigInt::GMP interfaces
just fine.

The test suites for Math::MPFR also reference Math::Decimal64 and
Math::LongDouble (two more packages also by Sisyphus), but those package
appear to be focused on working around various weird business with
Microsoft compilers, afaict.  So i'm inclined to not bother with those
as well, and just let a bunch of the test suites be skipped.

If anyone has any suggestions or thoughts about this, i'd be happy to
hear them.  Otherwise, this message will just sit in the archive as
evidence of why i'm ignoring those other packages at this time :)

Happy Hacking,

      --dkg