Re: Multiarching perl

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 05:14:09PM +0100, Wookey wrote:
> +++ Niko Tyni [2012-09-24 09:48 +0300]:

> > The LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> > thing makes it pick up the new libperl with a new @INC instead of the old one,
> > but things aren't installed into the new @INC yet.
>
> Perhaps perl should build-conflict with hardening-wrapper? Shall I
> report a bug as a reminder of the issue?

Well, it only happens with this unreleased branch so I don't think it
should go in the BTS quite yet.

Normally @INC only changes with SONAME changes (libperl.so.5.14 ->
libperl.so.5.16) so this is generally not a problem.

In this particular case, I thought I could get away without changing the
SONAME. I still think I might, as the @INC change (/usr/lib/perl/5.14 ->
/usr/lib/<triplet>/perl/5.14) is only internal to perl-base. But we'll
see what needs to happen with /usr/lib/perl5 and how it affects this.

If there's no SONAME change, possibly a build-conflict with
hardening-wrapper is indeed the least bad solution. We support
dpkg-buildflags, and I'm not sure how much more value hardening-wrapper
adds.

Anyway, I suspect there are worse bugs than this one hiding there :)
--
Niko Tyni   ntyni@debian.org