Re: I'd like to become DD

On Sun, 01 Jul 2012 12:29:25 +0200, Xavier wrote:

> Hi all,

Salut Xavier !

> Since a few days, I'm member of de Debian-Perl Group. I'm maintainer and
> maintain libregexp-assemble-perl and lemonldap-ng. I'd like to become DD
> and I'm looking for an advocate. Can someone help me ?

Thanks for your work in Debian and for your interest in becoming a
"full" project member.

I'm optimistic that you can find an advocate in the Debian Perl Group
but a few days are probably not enough, the DDs in the group will
likely want to know your work better before advocating your for DD.

I don't think there's a common "advocation policy"; my personal rules
are something like
- see the work over (at least 6 months or better close to) a year
- uploading packages of the person without any (request for) changes
  for a couple of months
Others will have different personal guidelines.

I hope that's not demotivating; it's just that an advocation for
DD bears a lot of responsibility.
And until then, you can be sure to get enough feedback and
sponsorship within our group :)

Please keep up your work on perl and other packages!

   `-