Re: padre maintenance

-=| Dominique Dumont, Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 07:17:04PM +0200 |=-
> Another approach is to upload padre to unstable and fix plugins when
> they are broken. This should take less time on your side and get
> more people actively packaging padre plugins.
>
> I grant you that this approach is more brutal, but given the
> available resources to package padre and its plugins, this may be
> the lesser of evils.

Right. A call for testing on debian-perl could be useful too. What
I like about it is that the whole padre-api-X fiasco can go away. The
plugins could just depend on the padre version they were built with.

An occasional testing using the just built padre should help too. At
least it would detect any incompatibilities that show themselves at
plugin load time.

Let's see how far I could get with this.