Re: Git repository hooks for mailing list (was Re: Git migration update)

On Sun, Aug 07, 2011 at 07:24:10PM +0300, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> -=| Alessandro Ghedini, Sun, Aug 07, 2011 at 06:14:47PM +0200 |=-
> > > * git config hooks.mailinglist
> > > pkg-perl-cvs-commits.lists.alioth.debian.org
> > > * git config hooks.announcelist pkg-perl-cvs-commits.lists.alioth.debian.org
> > > * edit the file hooks/post-receive, uncomment the second line
> > >
> > > For every repository.
> >
> > I've just modified the git configuration for the repositories under
> > /git/pkg-perl/packages with the above configuration (only the first two
> > points), and, if anyone hasn't anything against this, I am going to modify
> > the post-receive hooks and the setup-repository script as well.
>
> No objections from me (but I don't follow the commits list anyway).
>
> In case you have missed that, the setup-repository script is in
> meta.git repository, as well as the post-receive hook, named
> pkg-perl-post-receive. Pushing them to alioth makes them active for
> further pushes.

I've just tried, but invoking the git-commit-notice script from
pkg-perl-post-receive does not work. I'll investigate but, for now, I
reverted to the "classic" method, by invoking that script directly from
hooks/post-receive.

I am going to do the same for the meta, scripts and website repositories
soon, if everything works.

If anything breaks, please report.

Cheers

--