Re: Git migration update

2011/8/4 gregor herrmann <gregoa@debian.org>:
> I guess we want to have at least a short entry with the new version
> and "New upstream release." and PET commands in the pushed repo ...

I think this is also useful to make sure that every commit is
buildable. If you merge a new upstream but don't bump the changelog,
you can't actually build the package anymore, because the version
differs between changelog and .orig.tar.gz, or am I missing something?

For the same reason the "cherry-picking" argument doesn't really count
for these kind of commits.

Gruesse,
  Frank