Re: Advice on libpgplot-perl

Hi Dominic:

On Sun, 12 Jun 2011, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:

It is up and running; see for example #625908. However I don't think
moving something from contrib to non-free to get it autobuilt is the
right solution. Perhaps it would be possible to ask the non-free
autobuilder team to also build whitelisted packages in contrib too,
if they don't already?

See <http://wiki.debian.org/buildd>

Thanks, I was looking around for this information without much luck. As to moving or not moving the package, if you search the mailing list archives you will see that I have been asking for exactly this solution for a number of years (at least 4) with no success (for my latest attempt, see [0]).

I am pretty much at my wits end on this and I am really, really tired of hand building a large number of architectures wher I often have to ask the sysadmins to please install the non-free pgplot5 so that the package will build.

Carlo

[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2010/03/msg00670.html

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
Associate Dean for Graduate Admissions, Graduate College