Advice on libpgplot-perl

Hello All:

libpgplot-perl is a contrib package which depends on pgplot5 from the non-free section.. Since it requires pgplot5 installed in order to build, it never is properly built in the regular autobuilding network.

I have been unable to keep close watch on the non-free build network but it was shut down at one point and I am not sure if it is back up or not, but it seems to me that a package such as libpgplot-perl should be moved to non-free so it has a chance to be built using the non-free autobuilders. If we keep it in contrib, it will have to be built by hand on all architectures every time it is uploaded. I have done this a number of times, and it is quite time consuming and frustrating.

If anyone knows if the non-free buildd network is back up and active, I would appreciate knowing it and in addition, i would like to have your suggestions on moving libpgplot-perl to non-free.

Thanks,

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
Associate Dean for Graduate Admissions, Graduate College