Re: Thanks for all the fish!

On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 14:27:37 -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:

> So, after a _long_ time of being inactive, I decided to acknowledge
> reality, and just removed myself as an uploader from all packages I
> have in this group where I was not the only uploader.

A sad and memorable day for the Debian Perl Group.

But I completely understand your desire to accept reality.

> Now, I am still listed as the only human uploader for the following
> packages - I'm not maintaining them, to be honest, but before actively
> orphaning them, I'd like any of you to explicitly take it over:

I think you can just remove yourself from them and leave the
Uploaders: field empty; whoever works on the package next will add
themselves.

> Finally: As the title says, thanks for all the fish! I was an active
> member from this group mostly between 2004 and 2009, and it was a
> great experience. A great group to work in.

Let me say thanks to you; part of why the group is great is due to
your great work in the last years -- not only technically but also
socially by recruiting and motivating new members and helping them.

> And of course, I expect to
> continue having a good time every time we meet at future DebConfs or
> whatever other opportunities we have!

We won't let you escape :)

 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG key IDs: 0x8649AA06, 0x00F3CFE4
   `-    NP: Ludwig Hirsch: Wolf und Mond