Re: package nama: cowbuilder problems, is test output available?

On Tue, 08 Jun 2010 21:16:44 -1000, Joel Roth wrote:

> A sponsor wrote in debian/changelog for package nama:

That would be me :)

> >  TODO:
> >   - test output (in a cowbuilder chroot) looks fishy

> In attempting to replicate this problem locally, I find
> myself unable to create the correct environment.
>     cowbuilder --create
>     pbuilder --create
>     I: Checking component main on http://www.debian-multimedia.org...
>     E: Couldn't find these debs: apt

Blind guess: try with debootstrap and cdebootstrap.
(And/or some of the other command line options.
Sometimes creating a stable chroot (or a testing chroot) and
upgrading to unstable works better.)

> 2) Alternatively,

In general, you really should try to get a minimal clean build
environment (pbuilder, cowbuilder, sbuild, ...); IIRC I've added a
missing build dependency to nama yesterday that you would have caught
with a chroot.

>    if the sponsor could provide a pastebin
>    output of the cowbuilder chroot test results, perhaps I
>    could comment on whether the 'fishy' test output is
>    problematic or just ugly. :-)

Will do so in the (European) evening.

 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG key IDs: 0x8649AA06, 0x00F3CFE4
   `-    "Rome wasn't burned in a day. "