Joining the Debian Perl team

Hi.

I would like to join Debian Perl team because I'm a Perl programmer and I really
like Debian, the Debian release cycle and packaging. My CPAN id is JKUTEJ. In
Perl I like to do system tasks automations and testing.

I've bin experimenting with dh-make-perl and filed a couple of minor/whish list
bugs some days ago. Actually is this the way how to do it? Or should the
maintainer be first consulted?

How should I start? Is there anyone that know what and how just don't enough time?

My alioth user id is: jozef-guest

Regards,
Jozef