Re: Proposed removal of arch-perl (libarch-perl)

+ Mikhael Goikhman <migo@homemail.com>:

> I think README gives a handful of hints about the package. Anyway, in
> the devel branch (managed under tla, that is mentioned in README too)
> all tests should now pass even without tla or baz installed.
> I.e.:  TLA=/bin/false make test

IIRC, having Makefile.PL exit a non-zero value should make all CPAN
smokers ignore the module (no FAIL nor SKIP). Since it should be
quite straight-forward to check if tla is available on the system and
there's no point on installing Arch module unless tla is available, failing
early in Makefile.PL is a Good Thing, IMHO.

HTH

--
Alex Muntada <alexm@alexm.org>
http://alexm.org/