Re: Proposed removal of arch-perl (libarch-perl)

On 07 Mar 2010 16:17:56 -0500, Jonathan Yu wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 3:14 PM, Clint Adams <schizo@debian.org> wrote:
> > Have you asked upstream?
>
> Actually, no I haven't, since given the number of test failures on
> CPAN Testers (pretty much 100% are FAILs), I assumed the the author
> was already aware of the problem. On second thought, though, you're
> right -- many authors don't get the test reports for some reason or
> another (maybe their CPAN e-mail account doesn't forward anywhere,
> etc).

I am aware of the problem. Once you (testers) install tla (GNU Arch)
package, it will likely be all PASSes. :) Of course I may make tests
silently pass without tla installed, but then this perl library is
useless on such systems, so it is hard to decide what is better.

The reason to remove this package may be that nearly 100% or so users
don't use GNU Arch. But other than this it should be a fully
functional library. (At least I use it almost daily.)

Regards,
Mikhael.