Re: Removing inactive members from the pkg-perl Alioth group

On 25 August 2010 18:34, Ansgar Burchardt <ansgar@43-1.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we were discussing removing inactive members of the pkg-perl group on
> Alioth on IRC to get a clearer picture on the number of active members
> and to improve security slightly.  Currently the group includes old
> *-guest accounts of people who have since become a DD, retired DDs, and
> members that have not been active since a long time (or never at all).
>
> I would like to start with *-guest accounts that have not committed to
> the SVN repository for at least a year [1] (that includes accounts that
> have become a member of the group in the last year, but never committed
> during that term).  These are currently 43 accounts.
>
> Our current idea is to
>  (a) send a first mail that accounts will be removed from the group in
>     four weeks,
>  (b) send a reminder two weeks later,
>  (c) remove the accounts.
>
> Everybody that responds to the queries will stay a member of the group
> on Alioth; people that were removed can of course request to join the
> group again, we just would like to get rid of nominal members.
>
> If there are no objections, I would like to start the process later this
> week.  Maybe we can even re-activate a few members this way ;-)

All probably a very good idea but although I have been inactive in
the pkg-perl group I would like to continue to lurk at the moment.
I have a guest account on alioth and would prefer that not to be deleted
in it's entirety because I am also in Debian-Women.

This is possibly hijacking the thread for my own purposes but maybe
I can find someone who needs a bit of help with something?
I currently run Debian stable on a Dell M65 but would be prepared to
re-con to load at least testing toward this purpose.  I wary of running
unstable on a machine I rely on.  So probably a little bit of advice on what
I would and wouldn't be able to achieve under testing?

--
Kind Regards

Lesley Binks