Removing inactive members from the pkg-perl Alioth group

Hi,

we were discussing removing inactive members of the pkg-perl group on
Alioth on IRC to get a clearer picture on the number of active members
and to improve security slightly.  Currently the group includes old
*-guest accounts of people who have since become a DD, retired DDs, and
members that have not been active since a long time (or never at all).

I would like to start with *-guest accounts that have not committed to
the SVN repository for at least a year [1] (that includes accounts that
have become a member of the group in the last year, but never committed
during that term).  These are currently 43 accounts.

Our current idea is to
 (a) send a first mail that accounts will be removed from the group in
     four weeks,
 (b) send a reminder two weeks later,
 (c) remove the accounts.

Everybody that responds to the queries will stay a member of the group
on Alioth; people that were removed can of course request to join the
group again, we just would like to get rid of nominal members.

If there are no objections, I would like to start the process later this
week.  Maybe we can even re-activate a few members this way ;-)

Regards,
Ansgar

[1] I did not check the Git commit logs, but I believe there is no
    *-guest account there that is not active in the SVN as well.