Re: Request to Join Project Debian Perl Group

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 15:11:21 +0000, noreply@alioth.debian.org wrote:

> Steffen Möller  has requested to join your project.
> You can approve this request here:
> https://alioth.debian.org/project/admin/users.php?group_id=30274

Hi Steffen,
I've just added you to the pkg-perl group on ALioth.

> Hello, I am helping a friendly company to have their virtual
> machines run on the basis of Debian. We need a couple of around 40
> perl packages for this that are currently not in Debian Main. We
> decided (until your policy says something different) to use them
> from http://debian.pkgs.cpan.org/debian .

I'm not sure I understand this sentence correctly; anyway: the
automated packages are very probably not suitable for Debian but of
course noone will object if you use them in the "friendly company".

> However, there is more to it and we would add the following
> packages to the distribution:
>   Bio::Das::Lite
>   Math::Bezier
>   LWP::Parallel::UserAgent
>   RTF::Writer

Ok.

> My role will be mostly that of a sponsor and consultant, and as a
> DD I am likely to have access to your svn anyway, but you should at
> least be aware of our effort and so I herewith kindly and modestly
> ask to become an official member of pkg-perl.

Great! Havin mor people aboard is always good.

If you haven't done so plesae make yourself familiar with our
policies and procedures; http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup
is a good starting point.

> You may receive a
> second request of this kind from my commercial partner in some near
> future.

Sure.

 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG key IDs: 0x8649AA06, 0x00F3CFE4
   `-    BOFH excuse #119:  evil hackers from Serbia.