Re: Proper Hello w/ introduction [was Re: Hello Debian-perl + problem registering on Alioth]

Thanks for adding me to the group.

You'll hear from me again when I've read
all the group's documents and believe
I'm ready to be of assistance.

Regards,
David.

gregor herrmann a écrit :
On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 16:53:11 +0200, David Cho-Lerat wrote:

Thanks, that did the trick ! ;)

Cool!
I believe a somewhat more formal introduction is in order
- here comes :

Thanks, it's always nice to hear a bit about group members.
I heavily rely on CPAN modules, and not finding .deb
packages for some modules I need is one of the reasons
I'd like to contribute : I would rather not install software
outside of the APT system.

Me too :)
I'm fairly fluent with Perl as I depend on it every day to earn a living.
The fact that I really enjoy using it helps.

That should help with fixing bugs, which is an important part of our
work besides "usual" packaging work.
I have not (yet) read all the relevant Debian-perl documentation,
and have only up to now created one .deb package from a CPAN
module I needed, using dpkg-buildpackage. I am not (yet) familiar
with debhelper, dh-make-perl and the like, so I guess I have some
catch-up to do.

Right, there's a bit of reading, trying and learning in the
beginnging, but you'll get the hang quite quickly.
I guess I should be able to help you create or maintain a few
CPAN-related packages, but if I can be of assistance with any
internal Perl tool within
Debian itself I would be glad to help there, too.

Hm, there are actually some ideas for creating or improving internal
tools for the pkg-perl group floating around :)
Guidance ! I know I have to start by RTFM, but then I will definitely need
someone to refer to.

Sure! Don't hesitate to ask anything either here on the list or on
IRC (#debian-perl @ irc.debian.org (=OFTC)).
My Alioth username is david_cho-lerat-guest. I don't know what your policy is
on usernames : should I get rid of the underscore and dash characters ?
If the name is OK, can you please add me to your group ?

As long as Alioth accepts the username it's fine :)
I've added you to the pkg-perl project right now.

Bienvenue !