Re: RFH: libparse-dia-sql -- Parse::Dia::SQL - Convert Dia class diagrams into SQL

-=| Andreas Faafeng, Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 08:21:16AM +0200 |=-
> I am the maintainer of Parse::Dia::SQL on CPAN.  Creating a debian
> package of PDS has been on my TODO list for a long time. I now humbly
> seek assistance.  So far I have done the following:
>
>  wget
> http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/A/AF/AFF/Parse-Dia-SQL-0.14.tar.gz
>  tar -pzxvf Parse-Dia-SQL-0.14.tar.gz
>  cp ~/test/perl/tedia2sql/LICENSE Parse-Dia-SQL-0.14 # TODO add to dist
>  sudo dh-make-perl --email="aff@cpan.org" Parse-Dia-SQL-0.14
>  sudo chown -R aff: Parse-Dia-SQL-0.14/
>  cd Parse-Dia-SQL-0.14/

All of the above can be achieved by 'dh-make-perl --cpan
Parse-Dia-SQL'. There is certainly no need to run dh-make-perl as
root.

>  debuild

> First, I notice a missing dependency. I guess a can make my package work
> without it:
>
> - Log::Dispatch::FileRotate not found in any package

Hmm, seems available to me:

$ dh-make-perl locate Log::Dispatch::FileRotate
Using cached Contents from Thu Apr  8 16:36:06 2010
Log::Dispatch::FileRotate is in liblog-dispatch-filerotate-perl
package

See also http://packages.qa.debian.org/liblog-dispatch-filerotate-perl

> Second, I notice that dh-make-perl and debuild seem to disagree of
> the existence of a certain package:
>
>   dh-make-perl says:
>   + Text::Table found in perl/libtext-table-perl
>
>   debuild says:
>   dpkg-checkbuilddeps: warning: can't parse dependency
> perl/libtext-table-perl

dh-make-perl is wrong. The "perl/" prefix should not be there. Bug is
already fixed in SVN[1]. In the mean time, you should fix the
dependency in debian/control not to include "perl/".

    [1] http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/pkg-perl/trunk/dh-make-perl/

If you don't want to bother with all this, there is a short guide
about getting a CPAN module into Debian at [2].

    [2] http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/howto/RFP.html

And if you do want to bother, the Debian Perl Group is always open for
newcomers :)  http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup/Welcome