Re: Possible ITP for Cache::Historical

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 11:01:26 +0100, Mats Erik Andersson wrote:

> let me do a quick status poll in order to prepare a
> possible ITP attempt. Has anyone heard of someone who
> is packaging Cache::Historical for Debian? It would
> of course be 'libcache-historical-perl'. The module
> is written by Mike Schilli.

There doesn't seem to be any wnpp bug filed about it, so we can
assume nobody is yet working on it.

> The dependencies boiled, on my test bed system, down
> to adding
>    liblog-log4perl-perl
>    librose-db-object-perl
> since 'libdbd-sqlite3-perl' is the main DB for the
> working of Cache::Historical.

... which both already exist as Debian packages luckily.

A quick `dh-make-perl --cpan Cache::Historical' show that the module
needs
  librose-db-object-perl
  libdbd-sqlite3-perl
  librose-db-perl
  liblog-log4perl-perl
  libdbi-perl
which are all packaged.

> Could there be a recondite reason for not attempting
> an introduction as a prebuilt module to Debian?
> Duplicating other functionality?

If you consider it useful I'd say: just go ahead.

 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG Key IDs: 0x00F3CFE4, 0x8649AA06
   `-    NP: R.E.M.: Ignoreland