Re: Possible ITP for Cache::Historical

Hello again,

a follow up, mostly on 'mergeWithUpstream'.

fredag den 22 januari 2010 klockan 16:29 skrev gregor herrmann detta:
> On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 11:01:26 +0100, Mats Erik Andersson wrote:
>
> > let me do a quick status poll in order to prepare a
> > possible ITP attempt. Has anyone heard of someone who
> > is packaging Cache::Historical for Debian? It would
> > of course be 'libcache-historical-perl'. The module
> > is written by Mike Schilli.
>
> [...]
>
> If you consider it useful I'd say: just go ahead.
>

> Cheers,
> gregor

Right, I have made the ITP some hours ago. I have also in the
meantime created in the repository 'trunk/libcache-historical-perl/'
and I have imported a first 'debian/' into that directory.

However, I did not use 'svn-inject', simply out of inexperience,
but instead the property 'mergeWithUpstream' on 'debian/' allows
me to make test builds of the Debian package. It works well!

My question is now this: May I for some time leave the property
'mergeWithUpstream' set to '1', until I get the hang of using
your way?

I failed to browse into

    http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/pkg-perl/branches/upstream/

so I cannot tell if the command

    svn cp libcache-historical-perl_0.03.orig.tar.gz \
        svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-perl/branches/upstream/libcache...

would be the right next step to go, possibly after creating the very
same directory. I find it easier for now to only see the package
relevant files, instead of 'poluting' them with the upstream source.
My present steps I learned from the Debian Games Team. Competition
is tough!

Best regards for now,

Mats Erik Andersson