How to Open web-site/page through perl program

Hi,
     I am lakshmi sreekanth, new to Perl.

My question: Is there any possibility to open any web-page/site by using
perl program.
:rules:Operating System: Debian Linux,

My requirement is i need to open the site, then collect the data from that
site, then send those collected data to the cell phone (SMS).

Please tell me whether its possible or not, if possible then tell me the way
!!!

Thanks & Regards,
Aura Networks