Re: How to Open web-site/page through perl program

On Thu, 2009-07-05 at 01:04 -0700, aura networks wrote:
> Hi,
>      I am lakshmi sreekanth, new to Perl.

Hi Lakshmi

This mailing list is not really an appropriate place to ask perl
programming questions.  A better place to start is:
http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=243874

A guide to using Debian mailing lists is here:

Please note the third bullet point.  This list is for discussing the
packaging of perl modules rather than perl programming.  You should
probably start with the debian-users list for help on debian.
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/

> My question: Is there any possibility to open any web-page/site by using
> perl program.
> :rules:Operating System: Debian Linux,
>
> My requirement is i need to open the site, then collect the data from that
> site, then send those collected data to the cell phone (SMS).
>
> Please tell me whether its possible or not, if possible then tell me the way
> !!!

Yes.  What you want is:
http://search.cpan.org/dist/WWW-Mechanize/