Re: Sys::SigAction >> And pbuilder hooks

-=| Jeremiah Foster, Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 09:56:59AM +0100 |=-

> On Feb 5, 2009, at 2:41 PM, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
>>> No doubt I would enforcing the trickiness on any sponsor as
>>> well...
>>> The trouble is, with the current length of the NEW queue...
>>
>> Not a problem for me. I use a reprepro package repository dedicated to
>> contain packages that are in NEW. I have it added to the pbuilder
>> chroot so everything just works.
>
> How do you do that? Is there a URL? That sounds very cool.

The repository is at ftp://ftp.modsoftsys.net/new

reprepro is a Debian package for maintaining package repositories.
Pretty good IMHO.

Im my cowbuilder chroot, I've added
    deb ftp://ftp.modsoftsys.net/new sid main
to /etc/apt/sources.list, then cowbuilder --update.

reprepro is easy to set up -- give the docs a try. I can't remember
the details now :)  the command to add new package to the repository
is
    reprepro -b /path/to/repo include sid /path/to/package.changes

I use a shell function to automate this when I am in the package
directory so I don't have to type the package name, exact version etc.
each time.

Finally, the repository above contains packages I needed when building
something, not all of the ftp-masters' NEW queue or even not all of
pkg-perl new packages :)

HTH