Re: Sys::SigAction

-=| Jeffrey Ratcliffe, Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 09:52:09PM +0100 |=-
> 2009/2/3 Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org>:
> > debian/copyright
>
> I moved the whole thing to the new proposed format. Dunno why I didn't
> do it the first time.

Now there is discrepancy between upstream copyright statement and the
contents of debian/copyright. I have changed the distribution back to
UNRELEASED and leaf a note in the changelog.

The problem is that you have used "same as Perl 5 or later", and
upstream really said "same as Perl", which implies "any version of
Perl". So the correct code is not GPL-2+|Artistic-2.0, but
GPL-1+|Artistic.

Also, I think something like the following is better:

Files: *
Copyright: upstream
License: GPL-1+|Artistic
 Foo-Bar is free software, you may distribute under the terms of Perl
 itself.
 .
 Perl is distributed .....

Does this looks like a feasible approach to the rest of the group
(perhaps the dh-make-perl template should be adapted to that)? I think
the current practice is somewhat cutting edges and since this is
debian/copyright and everything in there better be clear...

> >> P.S. Is there any problem preparing packages depending on something in
> >> the NEW queue?
> >
> > No. Building them in chroot is a bit tricky, but doable.
>
> No doubt I would enforcing the trickiness on any sponsor as well...
> The trouble is, with the current length of the NEW queue...

Not a problem for me. I use a reprepro package repository dedicated to
contain packages that are in NEW. I have it added to the pbuilder
chroot so everything just works.