Re: HTML::Munger is gone from CPAN

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 04:48:52PM -0500, Jonathan Yu wrote:
Jonas:

I mentioned this, but I don't think we should maintain it under our
group. If someone else is interested in maintaining it, I would
suggest it be maintained as a native package.

IMO if the software is unmaintained upstream, it should be removed
from Debian, unless there is a large and established user base (this
does not look to be the case).

I agree that packages without _users_ should be dropped.

I disagree that packages without _upstream_ should be either dropped or adopted: It makes sense to maintain as upstream + diff even if known that there will not be any new upstream releases.

In the concrete case I agree it should be dropped, not because upstream has gone but because it has (virtually) no users.

 - Jonas