Re: Email::MIME and merge of ::Modifier and ::Creator

gregor:

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 12:19 PM, gregor herrmann <gregoa@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 10:53:41 -0500, Jonathan Yu wrote:
>
>> So, I propose these modules for removal from sid. At the same time,
>> I'll set up the appropriate Conflicts/Replaces in libemail-mime-perl,
>> since it now provides those modules.
>
> First the Conflicts/Replaces/Provides, then the removal.
>
>> There are a few rdepends for
>> these packages, so I think I should just add them to Provides in
>> libemail-mime-perl as well:
>
> Ehm, no, we need the Provides so that those other packages can still
> depend on something, we don't start to provide bugzilla magically :)

Of course, what I meant is that under the new scheme:

libemail-mime-perl provides:
+ libemail-mime-creator-perl
+ libemail-mime-modifier-perl

And at the same time, the reverse dependencies under our control will
be repaired to point to libemal-mime-perl (rather than the things
which are Provided by libemail-mime-perl):

Instead of these dependencies requiring libemail-mime-creator-perl:
 libemail-mime-createhtml-perl
 libcatalyst-modules-perl
 bugzilla3
 libemail-mime-createhtml-perl
 libcatalyst-modules-perl
 libjifty-perl

The ones under our control, at least, will depend on libemail-mime-perl.

Instead of these dependencies requiring libemail-mime-modifier-perl:
 libemail-mime-creator-perl
 bugzilla3
 bugzilla3
 libhttp-request-params-perl
 libemail-mime-creator-perl
 libjifty-perl

The ones under our control, at least, will depend on libemail-mime-perl.

So for the latter two groups of modules, I'm just suggesting they
require the actual package directly (rather than the one Provided by
libemail-mime-perl)